Click on the pictures...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Busiest Train Station in the World


These pictures were taken outside the Central East exit of the JR section of Shinjuku station. Shinjuku station is the busiest rail station in the world with over 3 million passengers a day moving through it. In addition to the JR lines, Shinjuku hosts several train lines and the Tokyo Metro. I live near Shinjuku station and pass through it just about every single day. The station is huge and I, like many others, got lost in it my first week in Tokyo.



3 comments:

Jarrad said...

I love the Engrish shirts.

Sandy said...

do I see Mickey Mouse in that picture??

Barrett said...

Yes, you do see Micky Mouse. That is an advertisement for Tokyo Disney. Micky Mouse seems to be somewhat big here, and you can even catch the occasional grown man sporting some Micky Mouse merchandise.