Click on the pictures...

Sunday, October 17, 2010

I spoke too soon


So I posted my previous post right before I walked out the door to work. The last thing I said was "In Japan, the trains run on time." Well, that was a stupid thing to say because the Fukutoshin line (the one in the picture) was all kinds of messed up yesterday. The trains were running behind schedule and when the express train finally arrived it just sat there on the tracks with red lights turned on. I ended up going back a station and taking the Yamanote line to work, just barely getting there on time.

Yesterday was a bad day for me and trains as a whole. I also ended up missing the last train and couldn't make it home. I had a lovely night on a couch last night. I was fading fast by then end of work today. (Also, why am I still up now?) At any rate, I wasn't around today, therefore, this post is late.

This picture was taken in a pretty good, but reasonably priced Thai restaurant in Ginza. They went all out on the drinks. The lass (yes, I just used "lass") in the photo is Tugce (pronouced tu-che), who is here from Turkey studying at a language school.

No comments: